Recording music can involve many technical, administrative and creative tasks, including, but not limited to;
- Communicating with technical people
- Budget & schedule planning
- Assisting with pre-production, where musical ideas are tried & rehearsed before recording
- Selecting and booking musicians
- Managing recording sessions
- Coaching artist & musicians
- Recording, mixing, mastering and post production
- Helping stuck projects back on track to completion
- Providing musical ideas and inspiration when required
Artists often find these “behind the scenes” jobs stressful and time consuming, getting in the way of making music. But I’ve always loved them, and enjoy helping artists keep focus on their art.
I’ve produced music from single songs to entire albums, and have years of experience as a recording, mixing and mastering engineer. I can also record musicians for other people’s projects – useful with loud instruments like drums, or where excellent acoustics are required, such as vocals or fiddle.